slideshow image 2

Vaccinations

Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Last night we went to the CLSC for Aurelia's 6-month vaccinations, in addition to the flu vaccine. My mother came along and held her. Ben and I both agree that we felt like traitors, inflicting pain upon her. In reality, she did not cry at all, and she barely even cringed. I think it was harder on us as parents. What I personally found difficult was the decision of whether or not to vaccinate against the flu. Was it really necessary? I suppose that along with parenthood comes many such decisions, where there are few clear answers and yet choices still need to be made.

I hardly slept all night, on the lookout for any symptoms or side effects from the vaccinations. Today, she is as cheerful as ever, and is babbling at the top of her lungs as I right this. So far, so good.

0 comments: