slideshow image 2

A Girl and her Cats

Monday, May 16, 2011

Humphrey & Percival. My poor cats. Before the girls were born, those cats had loads of attention. But let’s face it: once I had been holding a little person in my arms all day long, the urge to hold another living creature when I had a free minute pretty much flew out the window for me. And so, they take what they can get.

When it comes to the girls, Aurelia co-exists with the cats, and appears to have little attachment to them. In fact, most of the time, her only acknowledgement of them is when she’s shooing them away. Then there’s Eloïse. She loves them.Loves them. Whether they like it or not.


Percival loves the attention, Humphrey does not. Many mornings, I have caught Eloïse & Percival cuddling as she tries to share her bottle and pacifier with him. She is constantly kissing him on his back, despite the fact she ends up with a mouthful of fur, and declares it to be “Yuck!”. Indeed, she loves her “tats”.

0 comments: