slideshow image 2

Big S & Little S

Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Here's a secret: Up until now, whenever I have walked into someone's home for a session, I have a certain level of anxiety. What if my mind goes blank, and I lose control of the session? What if the kids don't warm up to me, or are uncooperative?

Having said that, I am happy to report that, so far, I haven't run into any of these situations. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the kids  I have had the pleasure of working with have enjoyed themselves, and that getting their picture taken was relatively painless for them. Nevertheless, there is always the fear that the conditions during a session may be less than ideal.

On this day, I was feeling no different. I had met these little people previously in the fall, and it was more than likely that they would not remember who I was. What I quickly realized was I had nothing to worry about. This little almost-four year-old young man was the most ideal model. He not only greeted me enthusiastically, he posed for me without any prompting, in such a natural, relaxed way, I could not have asked for more. His little sister was a dream, easy-going, content just hanging out. And Mama? Well, she and I had the most amazing chat, and we had so much fun, in fact, we lost track of time.



Here's another secret: by the end of the session, a little piece of my heart had been stolen by this boy. He is just an awesome little person - full of energy, enthusiasm, sweetness, an amazing conversationalist, and positively gorgeous to boot. I feel honoured he was willing to show me his dance interpretation of one of his favourite Elvis songs, complete with splits, flips, and pirouettes. After his performance, when I asked him how he knew how to dance like that, true to form, he shrugged and replied, "I just know."

I believe you do, S.